This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Features You'd Like to See

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2007 at 1:21 AM
Use this area to suggest new features or changes to existing features you'd like to see.
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM
It would be nice if there was one option when you right click on the app in the task tray that will "Remove Proxy" completely and then refresh all IE windows so that they become operable again.
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:56 PM
One more thing, it would also be nice if you can see what proxy is currently on via a tooltip or when you right click on the app.
Mar 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM
i am not sure wheather this is possible, but it would be sweet if it would be possible to contact all proxies simultaneously and depending on which one is the first to respond, the content is displayed via that proxy.
Aug 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Nice job. I have considered coding one of these up for a while. Thanks for doing it first. One thing that I would like to see is the ability to simulataneously change the settings for other browsers or applications (e.g. IM clients). I am willing to contribute and try to figure out how to make it work in the code and code up one for Firefox and maybe even Sametime. My thought would be to create an interface that could be supplied plug-in style via multiple DLL assemblies. The core would see these and would call them for each main setting change. Even sweeter would be if the user could select which clients would be affected by each change. Let me know if you'd like some help.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM

One more from me. It would be nice if the app would respond to a network change event and apply an assigned proxy based on an IP range. This would allow for zero user interaction after things are defined. For example, when at work I know my IP address will be 123.0.0.0 with a mask of 255.255.248.0. Any time my network card picks up an address in that range, the "Work" profile would get applied automatically. When the card sees that I'm at home with my fixed router address of 192.168.0.100 with no mask, then it will apply the "Home" profile. You could also set one profile as a default for those networks that are unknown.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

A non-administrator friendly setup. ClickOnce instead of MSI?