This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Issues

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:22 AM
Use this discussion to discuss issues or fixed to existing issues.
May 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM
I set up a proxy setting for 'home' and then one for 'office'. After I reboot or exit APM and then restart it, it loses the 'office' configuration - only 'home' appears in under 'set current proxy to".
Coordinator
May 16, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Interesting. I'll take a closer look at the code see what could be causing this.

Thanks for the post!
Karl

evansj wrote:
I set up a proxy setting for 'home' and then one for 'office'. After I reboot or exit APM and then restart it, it loses the 'office' configuration - only 'home' appears in under 'set current proxy to".

Coordinator
May 16, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Edited May 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM
evansj. Good find. There is a bug when using the "Add" button things aren't getting saved to the configuration file. I've created a bug for this.
Proxy Setting not saved when using "Add" button.

Thanks,
Karl

kdfleischmann wrote:
Interesting. I'll take a closer look at the code see what could be causing this.

Thanks for the post!
Karl

evansj wrote:

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:36 PM
When i run the program, i get a prompt to create initial config based on IE settings (I'm using IE7), if i click yes it crashes with the error below. If i click no, the programs starts right up. When i debug the program i get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="AdvancedProxyManager"
StackTrace:
at Fleischmann.AdvancedProxy.ProxySetting.GetCurrentProxyFromInternetExplorer() in ...\AdvancedProxyManager\Class Files\ProxySetting.cs:line 280
at Fleischmann.AdvancedProxy.Program.Main() in ...\AdvancedProxyManager\Program.cs:line 50

The line is: if (returnProxy.ExcludeAddressesFromProxy.EndsWith("<local>"))
Aug 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Now that i was able to use the tool by bypassing the initial screen, i found one bug. If you have any internet explorer windows open and you then turn off the proxy, you will have to close the window(s) and open a new one in order for it to work. I'm not sure if you will have to bind to some sort of bho in order to fix this issue or how you will handle it.

Otherwise, this is a great tool, thank you for taking the time to write it!